The place where the couch is - that room never gets used...it houses our only TV. But Monday thru Friday, the boys and I never even set foot in the room except to get to another room.
It just isn't our comfort room. We do spend tons of time in the kitchen...getting lunches and dinners made. We spend time in the play room.
But our real "living" room is here
It is where weekend coffee is drunk. It is where neighbors congregate. It is where dinner is served (as long as it is not too hot).
It is where one little baby boy will forgo all toys just to play with the broom.
It is where we play games and where we watch rain showers. It is even where Daniel takes naps. It is where we wait to see Michael our mailman. He gives us a little of the neighborhood gossip (only the good stuff)..”so and so just got a new puppy, Stacy had her baby, etc”
Here is our TV….so much going on! Kids of all ages going to the zoo. Dogs going for walks. Surbanites parking.
I am sometimes cleaning…and I will hear someone say “omg, look at that porch.. they used to really know how to make houses” (or something to the effect).
I am always shocked to hear so many people compliment our house and porch while I am hiding and digging in the flower beds.
But there are some days, I have to yell out “don’t park in front of the fire hydrant. They will tow your car!”
Our porch is my favorite place in the whole house!
1 comment:
i must say that i too love your porch it reminds me of your grandmothers porch in dallas everyone came by and spoke and they knew everyone in town. i love that about them just memories Mom
Post a Comment