Thursday, March 24, 2011

Jill

And another amazing woman.... Jill

She has taught me so much. She once told me "your an engineer, figure it out." I believe I was whining to her that I don't know how I was going to pick out the CPUs to run the avionics on an aircraft. I think I threw in there that I was Structural/Civil Engineer. In her opinion, engineers can problem solve... I had to solve a problem. Wow.. she was right. Under her, I finally started to behave like an engineer - not an engineer-in-training.

She also taught me many things about kids.. One key thing.... gosh I love this..we as a society cater too much to our children. Teach them life....and life is not always fun. Kids need to learn that they aren't always going to be stimulated. They need to learn to be happy with what they were given. Awesome.. by doing this, you can teach your child to be happy. I try to do this with Grant. When I get crazy and think I need to be doing more...I step back and think.. what am I teaching here. That when things get boring or not going his way, that I will change it for him??? I might can change his school but one day he will grow up and I can't change that. He needs to learn those lessons now. Thanks Jill! You put it all perspective!!!

No comments: