Monday, March 21, 2011

My Sister Rachael

In honor of National Women's History month, I figured I would talk about the women who inspire me.

My sister Rachael was given a difficult child... or at least he was. My sister took this on this responsibility and with consistency, she worked at making him such a good little boy. Reese is hyper - no doubt about it.. so Rachael (not a lover of rules or schedules - more like my Grant) created a schedule and stuck by it. She worked very hard on keeping his punishment the same. Reese never had to figure out what his consequences were. They were always the same. I have tried to do the same with my rearing of my children. The older sister learning from the younger... How the tables have turned!

Reese is a now a very polite 7 year old... no doubt to the amazing powers of my sister. Wonder if she could work on my Grant??? She is another who likes to beat herself up. Why do we do that??

I have awesome women in my life!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Heather, this is so wonderful. I love what you are doing here. I'll speak for the women in your life by saying...you're pretty amazing and thanks for inspiring us all. The other Heather :-)