Sunday, February 22, 2009

All the Juicy Info....

On December 21 2008, I was lying in bed and wishing that my period would come. It was late by 5 days but I knew that meant cysts. I was being monitored by the doctor and I knew there was no way I could be pregnant. The doctor didn't tell me it was impossible but her words were "we have to get you off of clomid, you will never be able to have a baby implant, and you are getting way too many cysts." My last doctor had me on Clomid for 3 cycles and she figured it out but I guess this doctor wanted to start over and try it her way. So by 3 more cycles of Clomid, she figured out that it ruins my lining and causes me to sit out cycles because I get large cyst.

So anyway, I am lying awake waiting for the house to wake up and I am ticked off because I was going to have to take a pregnancy test. I hate pregnancy tests. All they do is disappoint you and it is a total waste of money. I get up and do the inevitable. I peed on a stick. A pregnancy stick that is. I look at it and see nothing and I throw it in the trash and make a note to call doctor on Monday to get an ultrasound before Christmas holidays.

Later on that day, I am in bathroom getting something out of the medicine cabinet. I see the test. It had two lines! WHAT?????? I look at it again. No way. The test must be defective. But you know, I never did wait for the allotted time. I took the test, looked at, and trashed it - all with in a minute. I was so sure. Very shaky voice cries out to Daniel, "Daniel, I think I might be pregnant." And super laid back Daniel say "Ok!".

On to test two, I take the test, and right before my eyes. It changes to very bright positive. Dang, another defective test. I get the whole family dressed and head on to the store. I was so shaky that I needed Daniel to drive. I decide to buy digital. At least it would say "pregnant" and "not pregnant". I might can believe that... better by a two pack because then I will have the second test for the next time I go through all of this. I take the the test and immediately it said "Pregnant". OMG! Is it true? No way!!! I stared at it for about 2 hours that day thinking it was going to change to not pregnant.

The next day, I get a beta. HCG levels was 127, progesterone was over 20. Pregnant. But the doctor calls and says she wants me to come back because my HCG was on the low side and she wanted to get an early ultrasound because I had 4 follicles (potential eggs) and she wanted to see if I had more than one baby. Two days later, I go back. HCG was 297 but I couldn't get an u/s because it was Christmas Eve. But HCG more than doubled in 48 hours.... that was good.

After Christmas, I got an ultrasound. The ultrasound showed 1 baby (thank god!) and 4 cysts. 4 very large cysts. So I have been getting to see the baby a lot with alot more ultrasounds to make sure cysts were getting smaller and not twisting my ovaries. Baby has been measuring 6 days late. Grant measured ahead.

Really, I have been in total disbelief. I still can't believe it even now.. Even with my expanding belly and boy is it expanding!

I think that when I first found out, I probably would have blurted it to the world but everyone was so preoccupied with Christmas. Daniel and I decided we would wait until we got in the clear. We were told that this was a risky pregnancy and that it might not make it. God had other plans though.

I guess we eventually will think about names and I just got down "What to Expect When You are Expecting" For the most part, I have put it in the back of my mind because I was scared that it would not work. I did not want to be disappointed.

This baby is a fighter! That is what my doctor told me. More to come later this week. I will show my expanding belly and will post the video of us telling Grant. Fun! Grant is calling the baby Brown Bear. He also is very preoccupied with wipes. We have been talking to him about all the work babies bring. "But our wipes are all dried out." Later he told me he could put some water on our old wipes so they would not be all dried out anymore. Oh, I will be 14 weeks on Friday. I am due on August 28th - my mother's birthday.

3 comments:

Kay said...

Well the good part about you waiting for me (looking at purely selfish of course lol) is I don't have long to wait until you find out what you are having so I can make you a diaper bag....oh and you can get all this baby stuff back. :) Love you.

Reba said...

What a great story! I absolutely love hubby's reaction...OK! haha I laughed out loud at that!

I am so happy for you and your little fighter!! You are so lucky to get all the ultrasounds. I've been getting monthly cervix checks, but usually they just take a very quick look at the baby for like 5 seconds. I've only had 2 "real" ultrasounds. My little girl is measuring a bit behind too...scares me but I know she's doing fine (as long as she stays put...ugh!)

Victoria and Jim said...

I guess I need to check in daily with you!!! CONGRATS. I am so happy for you guys, especially with all the problems you have had. We are praying for you- I am going to check in everyday from now on, so I don't miss anything else!