Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Are You Kidding Me?

Last night when I tucked Grant in to bed, we had an interesting conversation. I swear the kid keeps me on my toes.

Grant: Mommy, when I turn 5, I won't be able to eat your super good dinner because I will lose my teeth. (apparently last night was pretty good in his opinion).

Heather: Well, you will only lose one tooth at a time. You will put that tooth under your pillow and the tooth fairy will come and take it and leave you money.

Grant: How?

Heather: She will fly.

Grant: Why does she do that?

Heather, thinking: You know, I have no idea why?

(Why does the tooth fairy pay you for your teeth?) At this point, I try to make it out of his room so I don't start laughing.

Grant mumbling: A tooth fairy is going to give me money for my teeth.

Grant screaming (i was hiding in the bathroom giggling): MOMMY! Are you kidding me?

Heather (dying laughing but trying to keep it quiet): No, Grant I am not!

Grant: Why would she do that? (mumble, mumble) money for my teeth. Are you kidding me?

I let it all out then, I am in tears. I tell him no I am not kidding.

He ask at least 5 more times "are you kidding?"

What am I going to do? I think I might have blew it for him. But if someone can inform me why the tooth fairy does that, maybe I could explain it to him. I really have no freakin idea!

No comments: