Sunday, February 15, 2009

Progess????



Ok, well back to playroom progress... You will have to tell me what you think. I had gotten most of the room ready to prime and most of the walls were prepared pretty well. Ok, not perfect but remember this whole thing is "temporary".

Daniel came to take over my job. He was set with the spray gun to get it even more primed. He decided to prepare the walls a little more. He, then, took down the ceiling fan.



and now we can yell STOP

Well you see our house has pretty tall ceilings but on the duplex side, it shorter. At some point, someone decided to drop the ceilings - probably for heat cost. But these days, the trend is tall ceilings and really we would want to make the ceiling about the same height as the rest of the house. So through the hole left by the ceiling fan, Daniel could see the real ceiling.. So much more height would open up the room. So he called in me and asked me what I think. Umm..whatever honey... I washing my hands from the whole project. Well, he did take the ceiling down... see pictures below. It makes me tired looking at it. But he can do it and he will work almost every night until it is done. I think he will get tired of remodeling again.

I bet it won't be done until we have our next child! I guess I need to move some toys in to Grant's room. He is going to missing his toys soon. But when Daniel gets it done, it will look awesome. He does such great work. I wish I had that drive for long projects. I like my projects to be short and sweet and done!

I did pick out a paint color. I went with a yellow-goldish color basically because while I may think of this as a playroom right now, it may end up being someone's living room. I want to keep the option of getting rented if Daniel loses his job. Painting some wild playroom color will not work for someone's living room.

No comments: