Friday, May 07, 2010

And another blogger..my twin

Do you have a twin? I do and I found her at the age 30! I met her at the gym at Lockheed. We are so much a like it really is hard to figure out who is who...

Seriously...right... well do have some differences...She is tall, blue-eyed, thin, and beautiful...I am short, hazel-eyed, and mousy.. but the differences are few.

We both have the same first name and we both used to have similar last names. We grew up in the same area. We both started out in another college before moving on to GA Tech. We went to Tech around the same time. We both ended up at Lockheed.

We didn't mind our jobs at first....then, we both had babies (she had hers about 10 months before I did). And then, we couldn't stop thinking about the soft smooth skin and peach fuzz hair and little button noses and we had a very hard time concentrating on our jobs. We actually met each other about the time that Grant was 1and her little boy was 2. We would talk to each other about missing out on a lot of firsts..missing out on taking our little boys to fun events... missing out on volunteering at the schools.... and we are both tired...tired of trying to keep up in the rat race and keeping up the house after the kids go to bed (another difference - I gave up - she is still at it). Then, we were both struck by secondary infertility. One was resolved and we waited patiently for the other to resolve (although... I think I might be more patient than the other Heather..hehe..and I was the one who was still infertile).

We now have had our second babies. We are there for each other...she knows just how much I hate leaving my kids to come to work. She knows just how much I worry that my kid is getting behind on something or not getting to participate in extra-curricular activities. She knows how much I hate that I am missing out on playing another board game because the laundry does not do itself and there isn't time to do it. She knows this because she is going through it too.

We both know we have it great. We both know have it better than most. And I think I speak for both of us, we have no regrets. If we had to do it all over again, we would. Our lives are 100% perfection ....great husbands, funny kids, and a roof over our heads... She and I both love to count our blessings...oh, I wouldn't give up any part of my life to have another. I am so lucky and I know it! She does too!

Her new blog

1 comment:

Heather said...

Heather, you bring me to tears. Happy tears. We are twins for sure....kindred spirits. Proof is in the immediate connection...like we've known each other forever. But isn't that the case of kindred spirits? Thank you for inspiring me in so many ways. Love you! The other Heather