Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Not an expert

Last night, I was at Grant's school for parent teacher conference. I noticed that Grant's name was not on the tying shoes expert sign.

I come home later.

Heather - "Grant, why is your name not on the tying shoes expert poster? You have been tying your shoes for over a year now."

Grant - "I am not expert."

Heather - "But Grant, you have been tying your shoes for a long time. Have you tried to tie shoes at the school?"

Grant - "I don't want to be an expert. I practice tying my shoes but I don't want the teacher to know I can tie shoes."

Heather - "Why?"

Grant (exasperated voice now) - "Cuz mommy, if I let my teachers know that I can tie my shoes, they send other kids to me to tie their shoes. I don't want to tie those kids shoes."

(hahaha... he is sandbagging his teacher).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! Thats great!

Kay said...

HA! I love it. He is so smart!! I don't blame him a bit......and yes I am catching up on your blog today :)