Friday, September 03, 2010

Rat Race

Today, I left the rat race.  Miles’ school was closed.  Daniel was out of town. 

First, I joined Grant’s class in the morning meeting.  That was interesting.  I plan on taking my camera phone next time.

Then, I went to the bakery.. just because.

Next, I went to Trader Joes to get guilt free easy meals.

Finally, back home for a nap (Miles, not me).

I did laundry and prepared lunch.  I cut up and orange flesh melon – Miles’ favorite.  It makes cantaloupe taste bitter – it is that sweet!

Miles woke up and we went to the park for a picnic.

DSC00272 

DSC00274 

DSC00279

DSC00280

What a sticky yummy mess!  And then we went to the nail salon so I can get a pedicure.  Miles got a dum-dum so that he would be content and quiet.  Perfect angel this time.  Came home to go to school and get Grant.  It was a nice day.  I let Miles set our speed.  Nice! I didn’t rush to anything and walked leisurely.  I need more of this. You can have your rat race!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Perfect day :-)