A couple weeks ago..before we went to the beach, Grant and I were riding home from the Library. Yeah, I know, our conversations are always in the car.
Anyway, so here it goes...
Grant: Mommy, why does Nan's mother not like the beach house anymore? (Nan is Daniel's mom, her mother is Daniel's grandmother)? (I guess Daniel told him that the house used to be Grandmom's and now it is Nan's.)
Heather: She did like it but she died and is no longer with us.
Grant: How she die? Did she get shot? Why?
Heather: No. She died of old age. Everyone dies when they get older.
Grant: Oh... (he gets real quiet)
I look back in mirror and I see him crying.
Heather: Are you sad that Grandmom died?
Grant: No. My Daddy is going to die!! (this was a wail).
I know that he loves his Daddy so much and he thinks the world of Daddy but come on..where is some mommy love?
Heather: Grant, I am going to die too. Does that make you sad? (I know pathetic but I need some attention too).
Grant: No. I am sad that my Daddy is going to die.
Heather: But I am going to get old and I am going to die too.
Grant: But, but Daddy is going to die soon. (he is crying pretty hard now)
Heather: Daddy isn't going to die from old age soon. He is going to be around for a long time!
Grant: But Daddy is an old man!
Ok, I got it now! Daniel has been trying to get Grant to call him the old man. Grant really thinks he is old!! Funny! Thank God, we just pulled up to our house and Daniel is outside. Daniel got to console and tell him that he technically isn't an "old man".
1 comment:
oh my gosh....so cute!
Post a Comment