Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Pure Drivel

- I will be 30 weeks on Friday! That is two weeks after the date that I went in to the hospital with Grant. Actually, I feel pretty well. Moving and sitting makes you feel much better than being on bed rest.
- My co-workers are so sure that I am going to have a baby in my cube any day now. I have to remind them that I am not due yet. They don't believe it, they think I am about to pop!
- I am still trying to convince Daniel of my name preference for the baby. I really don't like his so he will have hard time convincing me of his.
- Shopping trips are painful. I have been trying to get some ideas on the playroom and walking around shopping is so uncomfortable.
- Actually, the best I feel physcially is when I am at work. I think sitting on my hiney in front of the computer with only minimal movement keeps me from having so many braxton hicks contractions. There is too much to do at home to sit down.
- We have put up a crib!!!! Yay!!! I now have to shop (yuck) for a chest of drawers to hold the baby clothes. I will need to wash them too! I don't have a mattress yet so I will post pictures only after we have one.
- This weekend, I plan on buying a couch for the playroom and a chest of drawers for the baby. Then, I can start washing clothes!
- Jill gave me a bunch of maternity clothes today. I will be able to wear a lot of them. Some are too small and some are too big but most fit and they are super cute! The small ones I will wear after I have the baby. I wore maternity with Grant for several months after he was born.
- Grant and I have been reading at night before going to bed. While I read, Grant puts his hand on my belly. The baby goes crazy at this (me reading or Grant's hands?). It made Grant so excited one night that he started yelling "I love my baby! Thank you God for such a great baby!." The next night during prayers he said "thank god for giving us a baby that likes to kick." He nailed it... I haven't actually said "thank you God for such a strong kicker!" That says it all, doesn't it?
- Sunglasses keep showing up in my car or purse. Please let me know if I stole your sunglasses! I sure didn't mean to..
- The playroom that Daniel has been working on looks WONDERFUL!! Most of this stuff, he has never done before. He read a book and did it. Great job Daniel.
- Grant is doing really well in his new school. He hasn't been scared or clingy once. Why is he clingy when I take him to family or friends' houses?
- Grant has asked on several occasions to go to the Braves' Game. We have been promising we would take him since the middle of last summer. I decided enough was enough..I suggested Daniel get tickets for next Friday. I told him to get two. I don't think I will enjoy the walking, stair climbing, heat, or sitting on hard chairs. I am sad that I am not going.
- The last two nights, Grant has begged to watch TV. I mean he has begged. That makes me not want to let him watch it. He sounded like an addict. We have been watching "Little House" once or twice a week after work so that I can rest. He has become addicted!
- I am addicted to Soda...I had no problem not drinking soda when I was pregnant with Grant. This time around... I crave it all the time.

No comments: