Saturday, June 13, 2009

Why I Should not be Pregnant in the Summer!

1. It is hot as Hades!!!
2. Shaving can be optional in the winter not in the summer. I can't see past my belly to shave anywhere past my knees!
3. My sister's huge maternity wardrobe is for the winter. I have had to buy clothes for the summer.
4. I can ignore outside gardening in the winter.. the summer gardening has to be done in the south or the weeds will take over the house!
5. There are so many activities to do in the summer that I am too tired to do. Walks to the park, outdoor concerts, etc etc.
6. When I tell people that I am due in August and they see how big I am already, I get the pity line "I am sorry."
7. I have tons of baby clothes for the winter (way too much) but the summer clothes are lacking - a friend is giving me hers though.
8. I will have to breast feed a baby all the time in the late summer...Skin on Skin is not something I will appreciate in August and September.
9. Wearing a maternity bathing suit is not cute at all!
10. Did I mention it is hot as Hades!!

So many negatives.... I am trying to remind myself that we can have outdoor picnics for this baby for his birthday - that is a positive for having a summer baby, right?

No comments: