Monday, December 28, 2009

2009 in Review

2009 started out very exciting and scary for the Kuemmerles of Atlanta. We were very excited about a new baby coming but were very nervous about losing the baby (our doctor did not give us much hope) and then, the idea of Daniel losing his job was never far from our thoughts. Early on in 2009, I spent a lot of time in my boss' office in tears because there was the idea that I might lose my job also. I needed the health insurance and the money to make the mortgage payment. After Daniel getting two paycuts, we buckled down and started saving.

So the year, turned out pretty well for us. Despite Daniel's paycuts, we paid off a lot of our debts and I worked quite a bit of overtime in the first part of the year. I did not lose my job and the threat of me losing my job is past (might end up in a different department but Marietta looks like it is doing well). We really buckled down. Then, we added a beautiful sweet little baby to the mix!

The recession actually helped us. I know that sounds odd but it really did. It brought Daniel home at decent hour (6:00-6:30 pm) vs. (8:00 pm til Midnight). We learned to manage our money better. We actually took the time to refinance our home. If Daniel had been working his crazy hours, I don't know how I could handle the boys and my 50 hour work week. Thank god for unanswered prayers!

No comments: