Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Memory 4 - Matthew

Matthew is Daniel's Brother's son. He became my nephew through marriage when Daniel and I got married. My favorite memory of him happens to take place at Daniel's mother's house. I have just gone in to the kitchen and I heard Matthew (who was very young at the time) say "Uncle Daniel, are you and Heather going to get married?" I fell on the floor in quiet laughter. I just had to hear what Daniel was going to say to this one. At this time, as far as I knew, I was suffering from unrequited love. Daniel knew that I loved him and was willing to spend my life with him. I, on the otherhand, did not know if Daniel felt any love toward me. So this little kid beats me to the punch and proceeds to ask Daniel questions that I was wondering about also. Daniel, being Daniel, answers "If that we find that is the direction we should move in, we will." Or something like that to the effect. But God bless Matthew, he wasn't going to let it go. "But you love her, right Uncle Daniel." My ears were straining as hard as they could with this one. And Daniel's reply was "yes I do." Which I now know, that with Daniel, it could have meant I love her like I love a friend. Matthew got us talking though and I appreciate him for that.


Here is a picture of Grant with Matthew and his sister Natalie. Matthew is Miles' Godfather.

No comments: