Friday, December 25, 2009

And Santa came..

I thought Santa would skip our house this year because Grant was HORRIBLE yesterday. He was AWFUL in mass. He told us he didn't care if Santa came because he had plenty of presents under the tree. Thanks MawMaw!

But he got worried once it was time to go to bed and he left Santa the largest cookie that he and Daniel made. He was very worried that if we didn't go to bed when he did, that Santa would miss our house entirely. He went to bed easy which is better than I ever was (I never slept on Christmas Eve - way too excited - so I always ended up feeling yucky on Christmas). Miles went to bed pretty well to. Miles did wake up a bunch last night - thanks to teething - ugh!

Miles woke up early this morning (he is usually the last one up). He and I went downstairs to let everyone else sleep. Grant woke up around 7 am and went in to my bedroom. "Daddy, why is Mommy and Miles downstairs? If they don't go to bed, Santa is never coming to our house." He was pretty worried that we were going to stay up all night! Daniel let him know it was morning and Santa had already been here if he really did stop.

Grant came downstairs to see a huge pile of presents! Those who know me, know that I am not fond of kids having too many toys. I really think Santa was trying to tell Grant that he appreciates all the help he was this year (last night excluding) with my pregnancy and with Miles. Grant has had some pretty meager Christmases and birthdays (and don't even think about getting something in the middle of the year - cause Mommy don't believe in that either) because I have wanted him to appreciate what he has and learn to become non-materialistic in a material world. He just kept repeating "This is the best Christmas ever. I didn't even ask Santa for this and he got it for me anyway!" It was so funny. Let us hope this doesn't ruin him.... Or this year ruin him.. With Disney trip coming up in January and his birthday falling in February, he could totally be spoiled by March. Ugh... Just so you know, Grant hasn't had a birthday party since he was 1. He has had a neighbor kid come over cake or he had cake with Aidan (birthdays are two days apart) or has spent it at Mardi Gras in Mobile. This year, I gave him a choice.... he could have a birthday party or he could go to Disney. You know what he chose! Poor kid has been planning a birthday party since he was 3! He knew when he turned 5, he would have his party at a bowling alley (wonder where that came from-hehe) and he was always updating his invitee list. I have decided to throw him a party anyway. He is turning 5 and that is a big deal.... I can't just ignore it. So we are going to throw him a surprise party at our house...shh! Don't tell anyone. It won't be a bowling party like he wanted but we can't do that and Disney..
OK on to our photos.....


I'm telling you Ma, I am tired of this picture thing!

The whole family - minus Mommy (someone has to take the pictures!). Wurstig is interested in the room next door where Nan's kitty-cat has been staying.

Mr Smarty Pants just knew Santa would come!


Miles will be bigger than Grant next Christmas!

Wow, this is for me?

My big brother will show me what to do with all this stuff!

My Godmother obviously knows me well, she got me electricity kit!

Vienna is loving her gift because it has a squeaker. However, Wurstig feels like he was cheated, his did not!


Miles totally loves his new bottle sling that MawMaw gave him. At the time, he thinks it just a game so he is getting himself soaked which makes him crack up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I hope he likes it. It seemed like him, and I thought he could do it by himself...just hope it doesn't inspire any creative experiments on his own.

Kristenia

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh you have the cutest doxies!!! I have two also! A black and tan and a red/cream longhair. :)