I am almost positive I don't have any pictures of Becca. I will look. But my next memory is of Becca, another friend from college. I really don't deserve the friends that I have. I am a horrible friend. My friends remember my birthdays, remember me on important days, and on vacations. I couldn't tell you the birthdays of any my friends. I never pick up something for a friend because I think they will like it. Things just slip my mind. Never Becca... I couldn't tell you how many times over the past years how she remembers my birthday (heck, she probably knows my entire family's birthdays). She does all the stuff for me and I never "pay her back". She is pure goodness. She wishes only happiness on everyone. I strive to be a lot like her. She is up there in my book for "Sainthood". She gives a lot of her time to charities that she believes in.
We work at the same place...and we might talk with each other about 4 times a year (sad, huh). But that doesn't matter, we are back to our old college days the minute we start talking.
My fondest memory of Becca would have to be when she was giving as she always does. I was being booted from my apartment because my roommate was getting married. I really did not want to start a new lease because Daniel and I were engaged and planned to be married by the end of the year. I never forget the phone call from Becca. She offered me a place to stay until I got married. Tim (her husband) was being called on active duty. Becca, who had never gone through the whole roommate situation in college, was opening up her house to me. And get this, she only wanted me to pay for my part of utilities. I paid a little more (not much) but this allowed me to save my money for my wedding and honeymoon. It was so nice of her and I will never forget the time she came and helped me out. I wonder how many other friends could say she did something similar to her.
Like I said, I don't deserve such friends
. 

And the power of the Internet....stole a picture from her facebook album.
1 comment:
Good one. I did not know this. Tell Becca I said hey!
Post a Comment