I do have an absolute favorite memory of my mom. It was after I started college, I was home in the summer and we had a tropical storm that had us stranded at home with all the roads were washed out.
My mom cut the ac on COLD - probably around 65 or lower. It was in the 90's outside. She piled up blankets on the couch and she made chili. She and I watched Gone with the Wind and Scarlet that day. Both movies are very long. It took all day! We were snuggled under the blankets acting like it was winter and eating chili. My step dad wasn't very impressed. But it was an awesome day that made a lasting memory! Here is one of the few pictures I have my mom (holding Grant). I am going to have to take more the next time I see her.

1 comment:
i remember that day it was a wonderful day i still enjoy those movies and i think of you and that day when i watch....love mom
Post a Comment