Thursday, February 25, 2010

Happy Birthday Grant!

Dear Grant,

Five years ago today, you were born. God gave me the best gift ever- a beautiful and healthy son. I can remember the day you were born like it was yesterday. I am not the type of person that cries easily but that day, I cried so hard while looking in your beautiful face. I assure you that these were tears of joy. I had no idea that I could make something so exquisite and so perfect. I remember trying to go to sleep that night. I couldn't. Instead, I held you and stared at you all night long. What did I do to deserve something so good?

You are now five years old. The years have flown by and I have watched you grow in to the boy you are now. I can't believe it happened so fast. I am scared that I will close my eyes and you will be going off to college. You are a remarkable boy who always keeps me entertained and I can see glimpses of the man you can become. You are so much like your father. You have inherited his thirst for knowledge and his compassion for all people (even those who are different from him). This is good and I applaud your efforts for wishing to be more like your Dad.

On this day, I just want you to know that I love you and you have brought me more happiness than you can ever imagine. I love you, Grant! Mommy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Grant!

Dottie said...

your mom said it all. what a joy you are to all that love you. and you are so smart you keep old MawMaw wishing she could spend more time with you. Hope you Had a Great B- Day

Anonymous said...

Wow 5 years old already. The time does fly. Heather I left a message for you below too. Just dont want you to miss it.

Love and hugs-
Denise H